Monday, July 26, 2010

Vacation or Bust

Well we made it home safely from our vacation to New York to see the in-laws and boy was it an ADVENTURE! First and foremost let's discuss the Road Trip! As most of you know I dreaded this trip for several reasons. 1. I am a worry wart, 2. revert to #1.

Let me start by saying the kids did quite well for their first long car ride. We were on the road by 4 a.m. and the kids were bug eyed and smiling in there seats. It took us about 14 hours or so to get to Memphis, TN and that is when they began to snap on us. We got stuck in a rain storm and probably moved about 5 miles in an hour, at this point I saw red in their eyes and snarls in the corners of their mouths. We decided to stop in Nashville for dinner and at that point made the decision to drive straight through!!!! Our logic was simple. If we stopped for the night they would be pissed when they realized we had to get in the car again. In hindsight we probably should have stopped but we kept on and made it to NY by 11 a.m. Saturday morning.

The trip was a blast. In a nutshell, we danced, drank, ran naked in the sprinklers (the kids of course), swam, ate a lot and enjoyed time with the family. The kids were sad to go and while I was sad to go I was ready to come back to my life, and my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment